MT. VERNON, IL (June 29, 2020) – Beginning today, Monday, June 29, SSM Health in Illinois is updating its visitation policy – allowing one support person, per day to visit. For the health and safety of our patients and employees, rotating additional guests in patient rooms will not be allowed.
This new policy includes inpatient, outpatient surgical procedures, emergency department and clinical appointments. Patients nearing the end of life will be allowed up to two visitors at the beside.
Obstetrics patients will be allowed two designated people to offer support per day. COVID and patients under investigation for COVID will still be under a strict, no visitors policy. Our clinics and ER’s allow two visitors for pediatric patients.
Visiting hours will also be instated at all facilities. Visitors will only be allowed between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Visiting hours do not apply to outpatient surgical cases and Emergency Department guests.
All guests visiting an SSM Health facility must follow our policies, including:
• Wearing approved face coverings, even when in the patient room.
• All individuals must be screened for symptoms upon arrival.
• Everyone must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering and leaving a patient’s room.
• Always stay at least six feet away from the patient (social distance).
• All guests will receive a badge/arm band to properly identify them while inside our buildings.
We will continue to adjust our policy and will make decisions rooted in safeguarding our patients, visitors, caregivers and the community at large. We appreciate the public’s cooperation and understanding as we focus on the well-being of our employees and patients in our care.